Hello from Kew Gardens, Queens...

| Introduce yourself
    sprue started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Hello from Kew Gardens, Queens...

Hello,

My name is Fernando and I'm very new to scrapping. I kind of fell into this situation recently. My father-in-law was a contractor / handyman. Over the last two decades, he managed to accumulate a garage and backyard full of "stuff". As you can imagine, this distressed my mother-in-law to no end. It had gotten so bad that their neighbors put up fences years ago to avoid having to look at the "stuff". I suspect he had a bit of a hoarding issue when it came to construction materials. Whenever he did any work, he'd save everything....scraps, cut-offs, the old parts...everything. Anyway...after a long illness, he passed away at the age of 84. So my wife and I and her two sisters started the process of cleaning out the "stuff". We all recognized that buried along with the junk...there were many things and materials that had value. I started to research how to scrap metals and materials. Little by little...we worked our way through the mountains of materials as we carefully separated the "junk" from the "jewels". In the process...I've discovered the whole scrapping experience. Now...I can't pass a garbage heap without glancing over and wondering what treasures might lurk within. I'm interested in learning more about scrapping electronics and computers and learning from the experiences of others....

Thanks in advance...

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,728 Posts
    Now...I can't pass a garbage heap without glancing over and wondering what treasures might lurk within. I'm interested in learning more about scrapping electronics and computers and learning from the experiences of others....
    Well then you came to the right place, this is what we call Scrap Metal University.
    P & M Recycling - Specializing in E-Waste Recycling.
    If you enjoy your freedom, thank a vet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanic688 for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 8,784 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Welcome to the forums from a Sandbar off the coast of NC.

You've found the best place to get your education going on all things scrap. Most places would charge you an arm and a leg, we just ask for a bit of blood, some pics, an that you use the search function.

Good luck an grab a comfy chair and some good beverages, it'll make all that reading coming your way much more pleasurable.

Sirscrapalot - Keeper of the traveling cooler, and a really comfortable chair!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Hello and welcome. I have the same problem!
    Urban Mining: When people give you free money.

Thread Information