Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Soccer?

| Off Topic Discussions
    Dixiedeadhead started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Soccer?

Anybody watching the L.A. Galaxy VS. Real Madrid tonight or the World Cup finals tom?... I'm crazy about "The Beautiful Game"...and all other sports for that matter..; )

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,417 Posts
    Sorry DDH but used to coach youth ice hockey, and when they would come back to the bench with their gear all rearranged and eyes crossed from getting rocked on the boards...I'd tell them "If it was easy we would call it soccer".
    Recyclable Material Merchant Wholesaler
    Certified Zip-Tie Mechanic
    "Give them enough so they can do something with it, but not too much that they won't do nothing."

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Aw man...givin me hell.....hahahahaha

LOL....but man i'm addicted to soccer........ and Tennessee Vols Football (which makes me a Colt's fan by default cause of Peyton)!! And yes I get A LOT of grief from my buds over my love of soccer...

Hey BTW are you a Long Horns fan(Hook'em horns) or Texas Tech? I like both teams a lot! Lost a good coach at Texas when Muschamp went to Florida...I HATE the GATORS!!!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Haha hey I understand I played 1 year of Rec league Hockey and OMG my feet have never hurt sooo bad in my life and **** I was tired even after short shift changes. I'm a Hurricanes fan BTW. BUT I did wrestle in college so I know a "little" about tough sports..; )
    Quote Originally Posted by KZBell View Post
    Sorry DDH but used to coach youth ice hockey, and when they would come back to the bench with their gear all rearranged and eyes crossed from getting rocked on the boards...I'd tell them "If it was easy we would call it soccer".

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Hahaha A&M still has a team?..lol..actually after the year Texas had last year A&M probably gained a bunch new fans..; )

Steelers????? with ole Big Ben...hahaha I like them too but wouldnt leave him alone with my wife!!!!!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    lmao.... yea I'd say that's about right...def missin some brain cells..thank goodness I haven't needed them to scrap metal...; )

Man I wanna go to Texas!! I imagine everyone speaks Spanish, wears cowboy hats (or sombreros) and all the radio stations play stevie ray vaughan! I could def dig that!!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    lmaolmaolmao

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,332 Times in 513 Posts
    No.......... I've been watching my daughters 10 and under all-star softball games. Real men watch their kids play sports! LOL. They've won 2 tourneys and this is the district and state tourney this weekend. If they win all their games tomorrow, they will play 3 games........then two on monday. 2 games played today..... 1 last wed.............I'm glad this is the last weekend for this........ My son and I are baked(from the sun!).

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,728 Posts
    I'm crazy about "The Beautiful Game"...and all other sports for that matter..; )
    Is this Ronald in disguise ???LOL Thought we got rid of him,,,

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Oh lord ....please no closed minds on here...and btw I agree "real men watch their kids play sport" that's why I watch and coach my 9 and 12 year olds baseball and wrestling teams... And I teach them how to hunt and fish, work on things and be respectful to others too..; )

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,728 Posts
    I helped teach and coach(from the bleachers) my daughter from t-ball up thru high school softball. Now she works in an office behind a computer 8 hr a day and takes 3 classes a week at IPFW community college. She's doing ok,,I guess. Could be a lot worse!!!
    SORRY,, did not mean to hijack the thread.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Goal Goal Gaol Goal Goalie Goal Goal Goal.........

The better half here, puts on his Peru jersey and watches. (They were skunked by Mexico last week) As soon as I hear the Goal Goal Goal, I turn and watch the replay.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixiedeadhead View Post
    Oh lord ....please no closed minds on here...and btw I agree "real men watch their kids play sport" that's why I watch and coach my 9 and 12 year olds baseball and wrestling teams... And I teach them how to hunt and fish, work on things and be respectful to others too..; )
    I cannot wait till my son is old enough to wrestle! I did it for 6 years and I hope he'll like it too....... but if he wants to do something else, that will be ok. Do your kid/kids play soccer? Mine do, but the thing is the school won't sponsor it regardless of the vast popularity of it. And that stinks. What weight does your son wrestle at? Good job at teaching them respect...... more and more TEAMS are losing that I think.

Re-cycler is offline Metal Recycling Entrepreneur
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I don't feel so bad about starting that goofy wwwpoopreport.com thread now............ the only sport I waste my time on is how fast I can get any motorized machine through the 1/4 mile.
    ;?)

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    True...I just want to support them in whatever they want to do. I was lucky enough to have Wrestling put me through college so of course I would like the same opportunities for them. They both wrestle and the 12 year old plays Baseball and the 9 year old plays Soccer. Problem is that even though Soccer is getting bigger all the time you don't have the infrastructure and youth programs in place that other countries have. ESP in rural areas. AAU is a great program but schools need to be more involved but like you but just cannot get the funding they need. Same goes for wrestling. Hard to compete with the American T.V. sports market. The divisions are by year and weight in AAU. They wrestle in MIDGET (70 lbs) and novice (90 lbs)...I also ref the tots (5-6 year olds) THAT is crazy...little kids running all over the mat...lmao€
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoman View Post
    I cannot wait till my son is old enough to wrestle! I did it for 6 years and I hope he'll like it too....... but if he wants to do something else, that will be ok. Do your kid/kids play soccer? Mine do, but the thing is the school won't sponsor it regardless of the vast popularity of it. And that stinks. What weight does your son wrestle at? Good job at teaching them respect...... more and more TEAMS are losing that I think.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I love watching the little kids wrestle, they are so funny! That's what we would do when waiting to wrestle in AAU, watch those kids. That must have been awesome wrestling in college. One thing I am determined to instill in my kids is to do your best....... not a lesson I was taught very much and regret not caring as much as I did. We too live in a rural area and the kids only have the youth program for soccer that some parents started. My youngest girl would love to play soccer when she gets older for school but it's not there, once they get outta sixth grade it's gone. Our schools do support wrestling alot though. They even let the AAU use the mats and wrestling and weight rooms.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Oh the little kids are the best aren't they!!! I laugh all day! It was very dif in college than in high school wrestling. You could not wear any sweat gear...just shorts and T-Shirt. (would love to get some guys that complain about the heat outside in my high school wrestling room with a trash bag and three pairs of sweat pants on and all the t-shirts and sweat shirts you could get on in a 115 degrees..lololol) I actually wanted to go to UNC but my grades were not good enough to get into the school with a scholarship. So I went to Anderson in S.C.(much smaller school and division) Great school but they had three National champs coming back and I got beat like a drum EVERYDAY...lmao...I found out a lot about myself those days!! Anyway, To me you get a more complete "team" concept in Soccer than most other sports. And let me tell you...there is nothing better for my 9 year old hellion than to let him loose on the pitch for an hour or so and let him go nuts!! Sucks that it's not supported more in your area. BUT if you look in the closest larger towns there are teams that travel quit a bit (really young kids and on up to 17 and under) So, though it would be some traveling it would suit your purpose. And it's a great way for kids to get seen by bigger schools and scouts as they get older (there are high school coaches at all the travel events around here...they cant ask you to come but they always say "So where do you live ..such and such has a great program and such and such goes to this school..lol). Good luck to you and yours.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixiedeadhead View Post
    Sucks that it's not supported more in your area. BUT if you look in the closest larger towns there are teams that travel quit a bit (really young kids and on up to 17 and under) So, though it would be some traveling it would suit your purpose. And it's a great way for kids to get seen by bigger schools and scouts as they get older (there are high school coaches at all the travel events around here...they cant ask you to come but they always say "So where do you live ..such and such has a great program and such and such goes to this school..lol). Good luck to you and yours.
    Thanks for the info, I'll check that out!

Re-cycler is offline Metal Recycling Entrepreneur
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    "If ballet were easy They wood call it football"
    ;?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information