That's what im talking about!!!

| More than Scrap Value
    Scrapcrazy started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

That's what im talking about!!!

I love it when a plan comes together. Just this weekend
    I came up with a plan to try to resell some of my E scrap. I normally just scrapped everything until someone told me I was a fool for not trying to sell some of it. Well the main reason was, I'm a retard when it comes to computers. I know how to use one but I definitely don't know what's inside one besides your basics. And the only parts I do know are for scrap purposes only. I didn't want to look like an idiot when someone asked a technical question. I decided to give it a shot and admit I only know what I know.
    I posted on Craigslist that I had a large amount of computer parts including whole units. I had 3 bites within 2 hours. I just made my first transaction. This guy buys in bulk to recondition and sell whole sale. He was stoked to meet me and see my endless supply. I told him to help himself and to throw me an offer. Keep in mind everything has always been scrap to me so anything better than scrap prices was good enough for me. Here's what he wanted and how much he offered.
    3 lap tops 15ea
    3 whole towers 20ea
    2 flat screen monitors 10 ea
    3 power supplies 5ea
    I agreed to all prices except the towers. I asked for $30 and he agreed to $25. Total sale $155. My total spent was zero. I highly doubt if I would have scrapped his take it wouldn't even come out to $40. I'm more than satisfied of the deal. I'm more excited that I made a contact with someone who regularly buys parts. He says he makes his living refurbishing computers and selling to a whole seller. He does about 50 a month. He promised to be back and to tell his friends who do the same thing my number.
    Today was a good day, even for a Monday! If I could do this two maybe three times a week, life will be good. Oh and get this, guess where he wants to bring his scrap? Thats right, me!

2. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by Scrapcrazy:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    That sounds like something I did with a scrapper around here. I buy his computers that he gets, as he does not know much about them. He comes and gets all of my ferrous and appliances. Winds up being a win-win situation.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 847 Posts
    Good deal, always glad to hear someone making money in these hard times. Let us know how things work out for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to happyscraper for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Good job! I'm gunna start advertising for E-Scrap and see what I get.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    If it's a newer laptop the screen will be worth the most. I would think anyway.

Scrapcrazy started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    On Jul 19, 2012, at 7:33 PM, wrote:

Hey,*I'd like to buy the Dell GX520 SFF on the bottom of your pile, the other 5 laptops for parts and probably 5 more LCDs if you haven't broken stuff down for scrap yet or sold them. *I could use all the mice also. *If your around this weekend and have time I can come by with some cash. *If you'd rather wait till you get a few more items that's cool also. Just let me know.*

Just checked my email and this is the same guy I spoke of in the beginning if this thread. Tomorrow is pay day and I bet he's already spending his allowance. This is turning out awesome.

9. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. I Was On TV Talking About Recycling!
      By Jeremiah in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 07-18-2012, 03:46 PM

Thread Information