easyrecycle started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 518 Posts

GeorgeB your question how making a video on my computer screen

I use a computer system called Ubuntu that I help run. Its a open source OS system and I use another open source program called "recordmydesktop" that was made for a Ubuntu system. Its a simple screen capture program and there are some out there for Window computers as well.

Looking on Google for a open source Windows screen capture should be simple fast and FREE

My company name was Easy Recycle but has since been closed
    My Name Stephan Harz
    My YouTube page

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 549 Posts
    Camstudio - http://camstudio.org/

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Lots of great and free software can be found on snapfiles.com

Look at the freeware tab.

Sorry, off topic. ... but maybe not. I'm sure they have desktop recording software. Most of this software is windows based and not Linux based.

Linux is fun, but who has time to learn new OS's? I have worked on making a DVR from linux software. It's wayyyy more complex then the windows stuff, even though it looks great... but, no time.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Thats a old one..but works great back when I use to use it.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrecycle View Post
    I use a computer system called Ubuntu that I help run. Its a open source OS system and I use another open source program called "recordmydesktop" that was made for a Ubuntu system. Its a simple screen capture program and there are some out there for Window computers as well.

Looking on Google for a open source Windows screen capture should be simple fast and FREE
    Not to sound dumb, but by "help run" you mean you are one of the creators/founders for it, or just a programmer? Just curious is all.

Thanks for letting me know. I tried Ubuntu when it was first released, but then gave up on it, as I was more used to windows lol.

However, speaking of Ubuntu, I just reinstalled this, this morning, so if something ever happened to Windows, I have a backup, in a way.

I will check into the screen capture programs, thanks for the tip.

One last question, how did you add your voice to it all? I am guessing with a mic or something, but never hurts to ask.

Thanks again!
    George Beale - Founder & President - info@viprecyclingjunkremoval.com
    VIP Recycling Junk Removal LLC - Premier Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers!
    http://www.viprecyclingjunkremoval.com

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
    Not to sound dumb, but by "help run" you mean you are one of the creators/founders for it, or just a programmer? Just curious is all.

One last question, how did you add your voice to it all? I am guessing with a mic or something, but never hurts to ask.

Thanks again!
    Anytime an Yes I use a mic on the computer that the screen recorder will pick up.

Ubuntu is ran by "teams" each team has a job. I am owner/leader for the north east Texas team (LoCo) an I am part of many other teams as well. So no I am not a founder...I am just one of the many nerds who spend way to much time on helping to build a great system one way or another.

On a side note since Ubuntu 9.04 and then more so after the builds of 9.10 an up...ubuntu has become a more user friendly system and you can move over from windows into ubuntu with a small learn curve. Ubuntu is more stable and has little to no virus out there as all virus are made for Window systems not a Linux based system. The GUI is far more powerful and can do some awesome things. 10.10 with Compiz is freaking awesome but we have moved to a new setup in 11.04 that I am not as happy about but they are working on it an it COULD turn into a very hot GUI setup.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrecycle View Post
    Anytime an Yes I use a mic on the computer that the screen recorder will pick up.

Ubuntu is ran by "teams" each team has a job. I am owner/leader for the north east Texas team (LoCo) an I am part of many other teams as well. So no I am not a founder...I am just one of the many nerds who spend way to much time on helping to build a great system one way or another.

On a side note since Ubuntu 9.04 and then more so after the builds of 9.10 an up...ubuntu has become a more user friendly system and you can move over from windows into ubuntu with a small learn curve. Ubuntu is more stable and has little to no virus out there as all virus are made for Window systems not a Linux based system. The GUI is far more powerful and can do some awesome things. 10.10 with Compiz is freaking awesome but we have moved to a new setup in 11.04 that I am not as happy about but they are working on it an it COULD turn into a very hot GUI setup.

Yeah, trying to find a nice way to switch between the two without needing to re start the pc.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    what is the purpose of switching between Windows and another OS? I grew up with computers and schools, etc. always taught everything on windows so to me it is like playing baseball for 15yrs then getting handed a hockey stick and told "your on our team" lol, just wanting to know what the advantages of learning a whole new OS would be

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Every operating system is different then another. They all have their own advantages and disadvantages really. Just depends on what your looking or wanting to do.

10. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Computer question
      By gary in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 02-01-2015, 04:10 PM
    2. Question about old video game systems
      By Gnraxlrose88 in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: 07-10-2012, 11:26 PM
    3. lcd tv screen question
      By EcoSafe in forum Off Topic Discussions
      Replies: 12