PA ewaste cert.

| Legal Topics - Laws, Certifications, Contracts etc
    Trot started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

PA ewaste cert.

I was speaking with someone the other day, they said something about a certification for at home electronic dissas
    embly. I was curious if any one had heard anything about that. I tried looking it up but it just gives me recycling companies. Thank you.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 8,783 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Nope haven't herd anything. I did a search real quick but all the comes up is e-steward stuff, which says not required but is offered, usual stuff in that regards.

Keep us posted if you hear more.

Sirscrapalot - With age, you get to a place where you don't want to knock people out. You just want to give people a hug. - Vin Diesel

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    R2 and the E-steward certifications are the only two I am aware of currently, but as sirscrapalot said, they are not mandatory. Maybe Pennsylvania is starting to consider state certification/passing state regulations requiring such certifications. The last time I checked Ohio is one of the few states that do no require an special treatment or have regulations for e-waste, but that I'm sure will soon change. Let me know if you find any more information on the subject, and if I have a chance I'll do the same.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude80 View Post
    R2 and the E-steward certifications are the only two I am aware of currently, but as sirscrapalot said, they are not mandatory. Maybe Pennsylvania is starting to consider state certification/passing state regulations requiring such certifications. The last time I checked Ohio is one of the few states that do no require an special treatment or have regulations for e-waste, but that I'm sure will soon change. Let me know if you find any more information on the subject, and if I have a chance I'll do the same.
    I hope so I can get a convenient place to get rid of CRTS, yes I'm aware of goodwill and best buy

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Don't know about any "at home" license but go here for an overview of the CDRA. http://www.ehrs.upenn.edu/media_file...-dep4324-1.pdf

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hurrikane for This Post:

Trot started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

PA ewaste cert.

thanks for the link. glanced at it real quick, but looks like its full of info. thanks for the help

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I'm unsure about 'at home' recycling. But there is a general permit (WMGR081) needed by facilities in PA.

All Facilities: Currently, any electronics recycling facility that is located in Pennsylvania must have obtained general permit #WMGR081 (Processing and beneficial use of electronic equipment and components by sorting, disassembling or mechanical processing) before recycling electronic devices or electronic waste.

This information was taken from the PA Dept of Environmental Protection website.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I discussed this topic with a local computer repair store in Erie, PA.. I asked how he does his e-waste. He told me it's illegal to dissasemble computers in PA, so they take their equipment past state lines (to Ohio) to further process and scrap them. And with the loads they get, its not worth the time to do that unless its a BIG load. I forgot to ask if he sold on ebay, but i dont think he does.

Watch my scrapping videos on YouTube! Like, Subscribe & Comment! Videos Daily!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFF...V2NnBiOukrn6Mg

10. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. eWaste Not Want Not
      By lousypirate in forum Scrap Metal Tips and Advice
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 01-30-2014, 03:15 PM
    2. my venture in to ewaste
      By tsmith53149 in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 11-27-2013, 08:00 PM
    3. Getting the most from ewaste
      By copycat in forum Scrap Metal Tips and Advice