Basic Update

| Dismantling, Breaking Down & Maximizing Scrap
    JYD started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Basic Update

Good day to All!!!

I joined this community a few weeks ago, I thought I would share my experience so far. So I searched around my home and found lots of old things to scrap, things i was just going to through away( yes i was one of those!! ) I have scrapped VCR`s, Printers, keyboards, remotes, cordless phones. I seperated all my circuit boards into 3 groups, High, Medium, Low. i have placed ferrous and non ferrous together for now, as i dont have alot of each right now. I have spent everyday on this site doing what people said, read, research, repeat! lol. One of the first things I learned was that this stuff adds up fast!! I reduced a pile of electronic garbage to virtually nothing. Since I opened my eyes to what people throw away, it has surprised myself to see the value in alot of it, and get excited when i collect an old vcr, or cpu parts. I have not made it to the point where I am ready to actually go the Scrap yard yet, simply not enough to bring in yet i dont think. I have recieved my scrap from online sites such as Craigslist and Kijiji Free stuff. Amazing! My biggest item is a 4 drawer vertical metal filing Cabinet. I picked up for free and now i am attempting to resell. And today I took another big step i think, i listed an Ad on these sites offering to come to your house and pick up your unwanted Electronics and Small Appliances, and guess what, it didnt take long before I recieved a response for me to come pick up a Older Big Screen TV. WOO HOO!!! I just wanted to thank everyone for posting the info, it has helped me learn and join in this adventure!

Happy Scrappin`Everyone

JYD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JYD for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,965 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Glad to see your doing well...keep reading and keep learning, the fun never stops....
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.” John Wayne-- The Shootist

NEWBS READ THIS THREAD ABOUT REFINING!!!!
    http://www.scrapmetalforum.com/off-t...ning-read.html

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,086 Times in 1,326 Posts
    And that's how it starts. Enjoy. Before you know it, you, too, will be laughing all the way to the bank.
    People may laugh at me, but that's ok. I laugh all the way to the bank.

5. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Some Basic Tips From A New Scrapper
      By Darren in forum Scrap Metal Tips and Advice
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 03-10-2019, 10:09 AM
    2. basic scrapper tools
      By copperhead in forum Tools and Equipment
      Replies: 60
      Last Post: 12-30-2012, 02:37 AM
    3. New to scrapping...... have one basic question:
      By Technician77 in forum Scrap Metal Questions and Answers
      Replies: 9