I started a new investment fund!

| A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
    mrsamsonite started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

I started a new investment fund!

This is my new investment fund I started. Its small but, I will be contributing to it on a weekly basis. The fund matures upon a dollar crisis.

So, in other words I am hoarding my high end ewaste.

2. The Following 4 Users say Thank You for This Post by mrsamsonite:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    If there is a true dollar crisis, who will be around (in business) to buy it? I'm not sure you'll have much luck trading that for food.
    I do admire your awareness and creativity though
    As far as retirement goes, this may be smarter than a 401K

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HipoGear for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    401k plans are only for those who are serious about retirement and put good money into them mostly there for the lower class poor people because they don't have the extra money to invest and time to go over options and weigh there plans so companies invest in scams or other things or high risk because if they loose it no one cares and if they come out big no one knows but there hookers oops I mean there wife. lol
    minus a world ending thing a 15yr investment of ram based closely on current prices. most invest $100week which is a good start for a %6 return but gold is much lower return of about %4.9 over long term because the idea is to cash out high wait and buy low again but in ewaste that all changes.
    I don't know the average gold recovery on ram but if you use that as your bases factoring in all overhead of course and buy and set aside only that ram you could yield a %30-50% return easily because your buying gold much lower than spot. so instead of $190,000 on a 6% return after 15yrs you could have $500,000-$850,000 if you stick with your investment or more if gold skyrockets again because our tiff with IS is coming soon not to mention Russia lol its early so my math may be off so people may need to correct me

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    At the very least it makes a good rainy day fund. Hold it as long as you can, or as long as it makes sense. If gold drops to 700 your screwed, but if it stays or goes up your... wait for it.... Golden lol

Storage ideas? Security issues? If you get hit by a bus does your significant other know where they are and how to cash them in?

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    If the American dollar crashes his gold is still valuable in other markets and probably would be still in America, with all that aside I think this is very smart- if you are low on space may I reccomend only saving the gold cuts. For sure smarter then a 401k because it will be around when he needs it. Tell her to bury you with them if you get hit by a bus! Scrappin life or death!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HipoGear View Post
    If there is a true dollar crisis, who will be around (in business) to buy it? I'm not sure you'll have much luck trading that for food.
    I do admire your awareness and creativity though
    As far as retirement goes, this may be smarter than a 401K
    Some businesses are going to do very well in a dollar crisis. There are going to be winners and losers, everyone that understands what is going on and taking the right steps, they will do very well or at least not as bad. Many will lose everything: savings, retirement, job, etc. I believe there will still be ewaste businesses thriving through a dollar crisis. Just like in middle east where there is lot of disorder, somehow oil companies still do ok.

I guess with a related stories I sold a bunch of monitor, keyboards, and mice to a local business recently. I asked the lady what her business was and she said it was a collection agency and they were doing very well. In fact they were opening several new offices to keep up with the demand of their service. So, here we are in a sluggish economy with many defaulting on debt but, at the same time this collection agency is thriving.

9. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by mrsamsonite:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinThaScrapper View Post
    If the American dollar crashes his gold is still valuable in other markets and probably would be still in America, with all that aside I think this is very smart- if you are low on space may I reccomend only saving the gold cuts. For sure smarter then a 401k because it will be around when he needs it. Tell her to bury you with them if you get hit by a bus! Scrappin life or death!
    Most of the gold in ram is actually not in the fingers, I believe.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinThaScrapper View Post
    I will make sure to leave instructions for my wife on how to recycle the ram in my will hahaha.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsamsonite for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsamsonite View Post
    Some businesses are going to do very well in a dollar crisis. There are going to be winners and losers, everyone that understands what is going on and taking the right steps, they will do very well or at least not as bad. Many will lose everything: savings, retirement, job, etc. I believe there will still be ewaste businesses thriving through a dollar crisis. Just like in middle east where there is lot of disorder, somehow oil companies still do ok.

I guess with a related stories I sold a bunch of monitor, keyboards, and mice to a local business recently. I asked the lady what her business was and she said it was a collection agency and they were doing very well. In fact they were opening several new offices to keep up with the demand of their service. So, here we are in a sluggish economy with many defaulting on debt but, at the same time this collection agency is thriving.
    Interestingly enough, a study was done not that long ago by NBC that showed those that readied themselves in anticipation of a zombie apocalypse would fair better if the world markets crashed then the regular joe.

Kudos for getting my creative mind going anyhow ^.^

14. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Investment concept #2
      By Copper Head in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 04-24-2015, 01:23 AM
    2. Scrap as a fund raiser
      By 70w30 in forum General - Let's talk business
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 04-17-2015, 08:14 PM
    3. Replies: 5
      Last Post: 12-15-2013, 09:19 PM