Hello from New Hampshire.

| Introduce yourself
    CRobbins2012 started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Hello from New Hampshire.

Good day everyone, I've been interested in computers for almost 2 decades now, but just recently started collecting e-scrap. I came across this site in my search for a buyer of e-scrap who is stationed relatively close to me. I also think I came here when I was investigating my first potential buyer: cashforelectronicscrapusa.com, which I immediately was turned off of from reading what someone else had sold them and the 4 dollar check he received. The information on this site was incredibly helpful right off the bat so I figured I would join. I'm very new to this,(just over a week) but have already collected a fair amount of scrap from friends and such, and just posted a Craigslist ad in an attempt to gather more scrap.

I do have some concerns though, my biggest one is that I am going to get a bunch of scrap and not find a close legitimate buyer. I'm afraid that I will be only able to unload my hoard of PC parts by shipping it someway, and I know that'll greatly affect my profits.

Like I said, I'm just getting into the first stages now, collecting quantity, but it would really make me sleep better if I knew there was a close, trusting, and reliable buyer. I checked out the buyers section, and the closest person I saw was from PA. I guess my main question is, is this worth doing if I have to ship the scrap? If I can't find a close buyer should I just abandon ship right now due to the shipping charges cutting into my profits? Also, I specifically said on my Craigslist ad that I would not accept Laptops or Macs, but now I am thinking about reversing that and keeping Laptops due to the .30 cent/pound price I saw for them, but I have not seen any pricing yet for Mac parts. So I'm wondering if I should accept those as well. That all of course is dependable on my first concern though.

Until my next concern arises,
    -Cory

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,728 Posts
    http://www.scrapmetalforum.com/showt...more-Locations
    http://www.scrapmetalforum.com/showt...te-Buyer-in-NJ
    those are probably the 2 closest to you,, with a big load I made a roadtrip that was 3 1/2 hours each way, but with over a $ 2000. payday it was worth it,,,
    Last edited by Mechanic688; 02-05-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    P & M Recycling - Specializing in E-Waste Recycling.
    If you enjoy your freedom, thank a vet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanic688 for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,861 Times in 2,713 Posts
    Welcome to the forum. I am happy you got here before someone ripped you off. I also do ewaste and no buyer is located withing a resonable driving distance. I ship to Ohio from the coast of NC and it works for me. You are right to be concerned about shipping costs.

If you go back to the buyers/sellers section you will find posted pice lists or links to their web sites with price lists. Its great to have a group who will tell you if they have had a good or bad experience with one of the buyers who are members here.

I suggest you read alot of the old threads and build up your hord of ewaste. When you have a better understanding of its value you will be ready to sell, Mike.
    "Profit begins when you buy NOT when you sell." {quote passed down to me from a wise man}

Now go beat the copper out of something, Miked

5. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Hello from New Hampshire
      By deuxxx in forum Introduce yourself
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 08-01-2012, 07:34 PM
    2. Hello from New Hampshire
      By Eepah in forum Introduce yourself
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 07-31-2012, 02:51 PM
    3. hello from new hampshire
      By mactahzin in forum Introduce yourself